Saturday, September 13, 2014

Greetings from the Windy City!

     Two years ago (when I graduated high school) if you had told me I would end up going to Moody Bible Institute in Chicago, I probably would have laughed. I definitely wouldn't have believed you! "Me? The self-declared mountain girl move away from everything I know and love to go to college in one of the biggest cities in our country? Ha!" (MBI had actually been suggested to me before, and I wrote it off without even considering it). Well, I believe God has a sense of humor, because, guess what? I've been here for over three weeks now! And, though the journey that led me here over the past two years was definitely not easy and I didn't understand what God was doing, I wouldn't change it for the world. "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails" (Proverbs 19:21, NIV).
     I love my school. That's not to say that I haven't dealt with some pretty intense homesickness, or that everything's been just peachy, but I know without a doubt I'm where God wants me and this has been the greatest, most exciting, most challenging and thrilling adventure of my life thus far! I don't have time to go into detail on everything that's happened since August 20th, or all the amazing friends I've made, or how much I love all of my classes, but suffice it to say, as I said earlier, I love my school :)
     So I realize I have not been in the world of blogging since being here, but I'm going to try to do at least a short post at least once a week from here on out. We'll see how it goes! Here are a few pix, then I need to go study...
Nail party with the girls on my floor :)

The Cloud Gate, AKA The Bean

I found the pianos!!!

Studying in the student center...

Campus at night

Campus during the day with a random vintage effect...

Studying essentials

Some random area of Chicago

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for writing on your blog again! It is always enjoyed!!! Hope to visit the Windy City soon....

    ReplyDelete