Friday, May 16, 2014

A Unique Story

     The above quote comes from C.S. Lewis' The Horse and His Boy, one of my all-time favorite books. When Shasta, a runaway slave (and a prince, though he doesn't know it yet) encounters the great Lion Aslan, he asks why a certain thing happened to his friend. Aslan replies that "no one is told any story but his own."
      And every story is different. As different as each snowflake falling silently to the ground on a cold December night. As different as each and every fingerprint, each strand of DNA, each personality. Sure, our stories have similarities, but they are each definitely, beautifully unique.
      I would never have guessed a couple years ago where my story was going, and even now, looking back, I am amazed at where I find myself right now! Here is a short update on what's been going on with me that past year (yes, its been THAT long since I've been on here, but thanks to the inspiration of a good friend of mine, I'm giving blogging another go :D)-
    * Last summer, I worked as a senior counselor at a local Bible camp. It was definitely not easy being in charge of several energetic kids 24-hours a day, but it was totally worth it. A great experience!
    * In the fall semester, I did a 10-week ministry internship helping out at a neighborhood Bible club as part of my college adventure (more about that in a minute).
    * In December, I went with several amazing friends to the midnight premiere of The Desolation of Smaug (in costume, of course!), which was tons of fun.
    * I just completed my first year of college online with Moody Bible Institute... another great growing experience. Classes like Christian Missions, Studying and Teaching the Bible, and Old Testament Survey are right down my alley!
    * And presently, I am preparing to head off to Chicago in about 3 months!!! I still find it hard to believe I will be on campus (at MBI) for my Sophomore year, but I am looking forward this adventure, the next chapter in my story :)
    * Of course, throughout all of the above, I have been reading, learning new theatrical songs on the piano, watching movies with friends, trying new recipes from Pinterest, hanging out with my family, and doing my fair share of traveling.
       I am going to try to post again in the next week or so... we'll see how that goes!

VERSE OF THE DAY:
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
    neither are your ways my ways,”
           declares the Lord. 

 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts."

                                  ~Isaiah 55:8-9 (NIV)

RANDOM PICTURE OF THE DAY: 
This is from our Hobbit photoshoot; thanks to my friend for letting me borrow her awesome handmade elvish costume!

1 comment: