Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Milestones

    
My "little" brother and his high school diploma!
     Well, I have been working for the past week or so on a rather long photography post, but feel like I should take a break from that one (why is it taking so long to finish that one crazy post???) and give a little update about the past week.
     It has been a week of milestones for my family. Why? First of all, my "little" brother graduated high school on Friday! Being homeschooled, we have very non-traditional graduations, especially when there's only one graduate. Needless to say, he was Valedictorian. We had nearly 100 people up at our mountain home for a big Brazilian BBQ, and it turned out to be an awesome day! I truly am very proud of the godly young man my brother has turned out to be. Congratulations, Caleb!
     And Monday I turned 20 years old! I'm not sure how I feel about exiting the technical teenage years, but I know God's got great things in store. My family and I shopped around Chattanooga for a while, and it turned out to be a lovely day :)
     Anyway, God is good, and He has blessed our family so much and brought us through so much together. Thank You, Lord, for the awesome week!

Verse of the Day:
"I bless the LORD who gives me counsel;
in the night also my heart instructs me.
I have set the LORD always before me;
because He is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken.
Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices;
my flesh also dwells secure.
For You will not abandon my soul to Sheol,
or let Your holy one see curruption.
You make known to me the path of life:
in Your presence there is fullness of joy;
at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore."
                                           ~Psalm 16:7-11, ESV


No comments:

Post a Comment